A Bishop’s Waltham woman has been jailed for 12 months for a string of theft offences across the Winchester, Fareham, Gosport and Hayling Island areas.
Eileen Hughes, aged 49 years, of Blanchard Road appeared at Southampton Crown Court on Friday where she was jailed for the following offences, which she has previously admitted:
• 28th October 2020 – stole scrap metal from Wallisdean Avenue, Fareham
• 28th October 2020 – stole scrap metal from a business at Culverlands Business Park, Shedfield
• 8 December 2020 – stole a plant from outside an address in Knowle Avenue, Knowle.
• 13 December 2020 – stole a pair of shoes from a driveway in Gosport Road, Lee-on-the-Solent.
• 12 January 2021 – stole vehicle batteries on Portchester Road in Fareham.
• 24 January 2021 – stole copper piping from a garden on Cottes Way, Fareham.
• 11 February 2021 – stole scrap metal from a yard on Havant Road, Hayling Island
These offences were committed whilst Hughes was serving an 18 month community order, handed to her on 20 November 2020 for previous theft offences in Southampton and Swanmore.
PC Sharon Conway said: “Eileen Hughes has been a perennial nuisance across the county for months.
“She has brazenly approached people’s properties and stolen items, become aggressive when challenged, and shown no regard whatsoever to previous court orders imposed against her.
“I am pleased that she is now behind bars to prevent any further offending taking place.”