Corhampton has been described as a jewel in the crown of the Anglo Saxon history of Hampshire.
The Church of England parish church was built around 1020 on a royal estate of the West Saxons and during the reign of Canute, King of England (1016-1035). Canute’s capital was in Winchester ten miles to the west across the South Downs.

The Church is one of the oldest churches in use as a place of Christian worship in England. It pre-dates the Norman cathedral in Winchester and most medieval cathedrals. Bronze Age bowl barrows and “Celtic fields” and circular earthworks probably dating from the Iron Age have been found on Corhampton Down in the west of the parish.